The unexplored beauty, unspoiled landscapes, dense forest, and snow-capped hills, Arunachal Pradesh has been known for its rich history as it was once ruled by powerful kings and dynasties along with best places. These Reasons will make you visit Arunachal Pradesh.
It’s a strategic location in the foothills of the Himalayas that offers amazing sightseeing places, unexplored beauty, and rich flora and fauna that have never failed to impress any tourist. It was here where Lord Krishna married Rukmini, so you now know how wonderful this state has always been.
Arunachal Pradesh is the north-eastern tip of India surrounded by borders of Bhutan, Myanmar, and China. Although Arunachal Pradesh has not been explored much by the Tourists, it is definitely a state with warm people, rich culture, adorable beauty which one must not miss as the experience of scenic beauty will captivate the hearts of the tourists. With many historical monuments, archaeological remains there are many things to do when you visit Arunachal Pradesh.
Don’t Miss these Beautiful Places when you visit Arunachal Pradesh!
The second-largest monastery in the world, this is one of those tourist places to visit in Arunachal Pradesh which you must not skip. Located at 3000m altitude, this monastery has an-18 feet tall statue of Lord Buddha. The beauty of this monastery is contributed by the murals, paintings, carvings through bright colors and beautiful decoration.
The saying goes true for Madhuri Lake,
“Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations”.
Bumpy and poorly maintained roads lead to the enchanting beauty of Madhuri Lake in Tawang. The scenic beauty here is so mesmerizing that it can make anyone turn into a story teller or a poet. Located at a height of 12500 ft., this lake became famous with Madhuri Dixit’s song in the movie Koyla. The clouds are the veils of the snowy mountains which makes the entire surrounding peaceful, tranquil, scenic and what not. The army café offers mouth-watering Chole Bature, Maggie, momos to the visiting tourists.
Namdapha National Park
Namdapha is a dense forest sharing a common border of India and Myanmar. The forest is so dense that there is no marking for the borders! So, it means you will have an exciting cum adventurous tour inside Namdapha National Park. You will meet many wild flowers, colourful butterflies, chirping birds, tall trees with bent branches on your tour inside here. Many tourists also take camping treks, forest camps to this national park.
Things to do when you visit Arunachal Pradesh
- Visit apple orchards: Bomdila is famous for apple orchards. An absolute feast to your eyes will be the apples laden on the plantations. The view of the orchards surrounded by snow-capped mountains is majestic. Do not forget to have some tasty, juicy apples from these orchards along with some insta-worthy snaps!
- Enjoy Maggie and momos: Any trip to a hill station is incomplete without having a plate of Maggie. But, when in north-east, do try momos too! You will find many stalls and street side shops serving hot and well-prepared Maggie and momos which will make you have more of it.
How to reach?
- By Air: The nearest airport to Arunachal Pradesh is Lilabari Tezpur airport in Assam (about 260 kms which can be covered in 4 hours). They have well connected flights to Kolkata and Guwahati. These two airports are connected to all the prime cities of India.
- By Train: You can reach Arunachal Pradesh via Harmuti station in Assam, which is connected to all the major cities of India. Itanagar, the capital of the state is 43kms away from this station.
- By Road: Arunachal Pradesh has many bus services from Nagaland, Assam and Meghalaya. Otherwise, the state is accessible via roads for other nearby states too.
You may be interested in reading: Beautiful treks in India which will make you plan a holiday
Best time to visit Arunachal Pradesh
- The best time to visit Arunachal Pradesh is during winters i.e. October to December where the weather is cool, nature is more beautiful and you can also enjoy local winter festivals here along with exploration to many tourist places.
- Second best time to visit this Beautiful state is during monsoon where rains make it more scenic and picturesque location. One moment, you will find dark clouds and then sun soon after. With multiple waterfalls, clouds passing by you at high altitude, is an experience not to miss when you visit Arunachal Pradesh.
If you want to feature your image on our place, do get in touch with us.
Share this article with your friends and family and make plan a to visit Arunachal Pradesh.
Tell us your tho