Chia seeds are the new superfoods & I’m totally in love with the Chia seeds added water, the natural energy drink when I read a story how Aztec warriors could survive for 24 hours on just one spoon of these magical Seeds. Plant-based Chia Seeds are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids (commonly & abundantly found in fishes), which is extremely helpful in losing pounds.
I infuse my water with chia seeds & keep drinking it all day long! Raw seeds do not provide nutrients as much as the soaked seeds. These seeds can absorb water 10x its weight, hence it will keep us hydrated too!
You Might also like : 5 Impressive Benefits of Green Tea
Seven Wonders Of Chia Seeds
- Excellent source of Fibres: 2 tsp of fibre can provide 10gms of fibre which 50% of the Recommended Dietary Allowance. Isn’t it amazing to switch from fibre rich biscuits to chia seeds? Also, a study proves that daily intake of 10gms of the fibre reduces the risk of heart diseases & type 2 diabetes.
- Boosts Energy: If you get tired very quickly while working out, then start consuming Chia Seeds right away. They boost energy & metabolism similar to a sports drink. The best part of chia seeds serving as an energy booster is less sugar or zero sugar consumption. These seeds are rich in leptin which improves your stamina & endurance.
- Weight Loss: Being rich in fibres, chia seeds get you away from unnecessary calorific snacking. The seeds are rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids & alpha-linolenic fatty acids, which also contribute to weight loss. You may not lose pounds & pounds of weight but definitely, it reduces the visceral adipose tissue that causes the belly fat to increase.
- Build Muscle: The seeds are rich in proteins, providing almost 4gms of protein per ounce of serving. It is a superfood to all the vegans, who are always looking for foodstuff which will serve them with protein. So, if you are trying to develop lean muscles, lose out fat & balance your sugar level, then go ahead & infuse your water with these Seeds.
- Rich in Zinc: Lately, tablets like zincovit are gaining popularity amongst women aged above 40. These tiny seeds are rich in zinc, it will improve the woman’s health, increase the hormone leptin & keep the bad breath germs away!
- Digestive Health: After consumption of soaked seeds, they form a gelatin-like substance in the body, which improves the health of the bacterias present in the gut. Take it if you are suffering from any gastrointestinal issues: Acidity, Constipation, Diarrhoea.
- Improve Heart Health: These awesome seeds are rich in essential fatty acids (omega-3 & Alpha-linolenic), which are associated with reduced LDL or Bad Cholesterol, decreased thrombosis, improved heart health & may also lower your blood pressure.
“When Chia Seeds get wet, They become gelatinous. They bind to toxins in your body and help pass them through“
- We can keep refilling the bottle with water, you do not have to discard the chia seeds. The seeds start absorbing water as soon as you have filled them with water.
- Additionally, we can add these seeds to curd, yoghurt, salad. However, the soaked seeds provide more nutrients than raw seeds. Adding chia seeds to lemon water can give good weight loss results.
- Do not eat more than 10-15gms of chia seeds as the high fibre content can make your stomach upset.
- If you are eating more than 2 tsp of raw seeds, then consume plenty of water.
GO AHEAD & GET YOUR NATURAL ENERGY DRINK!!
Do follow us in Instagram and Facebook and we’ll keep you updated on latest posts on the blog!
Share this article with your friends and family! Comment down and tell us where are you from.