BuckWheat flour/Kuttu ka Atta is gaining popularity in the West and here in India, we are still consuming it during fast. This post will explore the nutritional content of Buck Wheat. I am sure it is going to surprise you !!
Let us have a look on the profile of the BuckWheat
Kuttu Ke Pakode
The Protein content of Buckwheat (8.5 to 19.5gms) is similar to that of an egg
- Albumin (180mg/gm)
- Globulin (430mg/gm)
- Prolamine (8mg/gm)
- Glutenin (230mg/gm)
- Good Source of methionine, lysine, histidine, tryptophan.
It is the richest source of protein amongst all the cereals and is gluten-free
- The starch content of buckwheat is easily digestible.
- The starch content of the buckwheat serves as a prebiotic food. The prebiotic foods are known to improve the growth of digestive bacteria.
- They are good sources of dietary fibre.
Also Read: 5 Best Reasons To Eat Sarso Ka Saag
- They contain small amount of saturated fatty acids – Saturated fatty acids can raise your cholesterol levels, hence containing small amount of it is an added advantage.
- It reduces Low Density Cholesterol / Bad cholesterol and slightly increases High Density Cholesterol/ Good cholesterol in your body.
Vitamins and Minerals:
- They contain Vitamin B complex; Thiamine, Riboflavin, Vitamin E, Niacin and Vitamin -6
- Rich sources of Iron and Magnesium – comparatively higher than wheat.. Treat your Anaemia with it
- Rich sources of Zinc, copper, manganese – comparatively higher than rice. Zinc and copper are essential minerals required by woman who is nearing the menopause phase.
- Used to alleviate hypertension, diabetes mellitus (type-II diabetes), and hypercholestrimia and gall stones.
- It can reduce blood sugar and reduce insulin resistance.
- It reduces the risk of cancer and heart disease.
Worried About its availability and Preparation? Fikar-not; Read on….
So, its time to include the Kuttu in your routine diet, instead of just having it on Shivratri & Janamasthmi
A lot of people in India have not heard the name of BuckWheat flour; so we have got a reciepe of Kuttu Pakoda exclusively by Zayka Reciepes: https://youtu.be/60oi7iCpVBQ
Find out the availability of kuttu ka aata at your nearest Kirana Shop and start consuming it regularly and see how your nutrient contents are met!