Yoghurt, the most wonderful dairy product
Yoghurt contains beneficial bacteria that improve the digestive system of the human body. It has now occupied most of the shelf space in the dairy aisle of any supermarket, no wonder how thankful we are to the various flavours a yoghurt can offer.
What do we get from Yogurt?
Yoghurt is known to improve the gut bacteria, hence it is labelled as a Prebiotic Food, which improves the digestive system which includes relieving from Diarrhoea, Constipation, bowel diseases.
“So, for all of you who suffer from Lactose Intolerance, yoghurt is the solution to this problem.”
- A woman suffering from diabetes, also suffer from Vaginal Infections. Having yoghurt helps to fight against yeast infection which improves woman’s health. Eating yoghurt decreases your pH levels of the vagina. The normal ph level of the vagina is 4, while the infected pH levels may go up to 6.
- All dairy products provide calcium. It also benefits you from Osteoporosis. Calcium and Vitamin D are closely associated. The Vitamin D content is sufficiently high in yoghurt meeting your daily requirements of this Vitamin.
- The product keeps your menstrual cramps at bay.
- Top it with Flax seeds, which means you can improve your intake of fibres and omega-3-fatty acids.
- Omega-3-fatty acids in yogurt improve our brain functioning, improves our immunity, reduces hair fall and curbs joint pain. Omega -3-fatty acids help you if you are going through depression or frequent uncontrollable mood swings.
Yogurt topped with fruits and dry fruits, top yours with flax seeds
- With dairy companies providing a wide range of yogurts, be ready to pick one according to your choice.
- Low Fat or Full Fat; you can always check the nutritional table on the pack
- Vitamin D enriched yoghurts are available. It is for you if are suffering from joint pains/bone-related issues.
- Cholesterol content of the product has to be checked.
My Choice Always: Danone !!