Green tea-With so much of hype about weight loss and zero figure, there is a lot said about this tea everywhere for rapid weight loss, bundle supply of antioxidants & good acne-free skin! This blog post will definitely make you sip a cup of green tea tonight, after going through its multiple benefits. For me, it is the healthiest beverage to sip on every day. With summer coming around, this light oxidized tea will keep you cool through the sunny days, help you with some rapid weight loss & make you smarter, yes you read that right!
Cool yourself this summer with Green Tea
Green tea is a lightly oxidized tea; known to be very refreshing. It is usually drunk without milk, hence it keeps your stomach light. Squeeze a lemon & add some ice to this magic potion after coming back home from the hot sun. Chinese medicine has always listed this magical tea as one of the body cooling beverages. Let’s try out this beverage in the coming summer!
Loaded with Antioxidants
Antioxidants scavenge the free radicals in the body & help in skin repair. EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate), catechin is abundantly found in green tea which gives it it’s many medicinal properties
- Protecting against skin damage.
- Fight against ageing.
- It can possibly reduce the risk of cancer. Chemotherapy patients must take their respective advice from doctors.
“Never add milk to green tea: It reduces the antioxidant content in the tea”
Check out our recommended Himalaya’s Herbal Green tea
It can make you smarter
Green tea can make you smarter as it improves the functioning of the brain. The stimulant in this tea is Caffeine. It helps in:
- Keeping awake for longer time.
- Improves mood & memory power.
- Increases the activity of GABA, which is known to reduce anxiety levels in the body.
- Since, coffee also contains caffeine, but it has been tested that Green Tea gives you more energy & makes a person more productive than coffee.
“It can reduce the risk of two of the most happening neuro-degenerative diseases called Alzheimer & Parkinson”
You Might Also Like: Protein Shakes: To Take or To Not to Take
I have read so much on weight loss & metabolism, and have never come across a single post/book/article which does not mention green tea under the weight loss foods. It increases the rate of metabolism and also the rate of fat oxidation. A study conducted by The Journal Of Clinical Nutrition showed that men who consumed green tea before hitting a gym showed higher fat oxidation than those who didn’t consume any green tea.
How many cups a day?
Over consuming a health magic potion can make it poison! Consuming 2-3 cups a day is very effective.
- Never ever have it on an empty stomach; it can adversely affect your liver.
- Green tea contains caffeine, it can keep you awake for longer time, hence avoid having it immediately before going to bed.
- Have it before your exercise. It has been proved that it increases the rate of fat oxidation.
- Have it between your meals, in the evening.
- Add a dash of cinnamon to the cup of green tea. Cinnamon improves the rate of absorption of antioxidants in the body.
- Pregnant women & Anemics should consume lesser amount of tea, as it hampers iron absorption. This is because the tea contains Catechins. Restriction to 1 cup a day!
- Do have a cup of tea after your supper. It is very very effective than any other time of the day.
- Always purchase a higher quality branded green tea.
- People suffering from insomnia should avoid this before bedtime as it will keep them awake for a longer time.
- Cancer suffering patients undergoing Chemotherapy should consult their doctor before sipping a cup of this tea!