Who doesn’t like to have a thin waist line. Be it a man or woman, we all love having well developed abs. However, not all of us develop the perfect ab? It is because we make some common ab training mistake. No matter how hard we exercise, run or work out; if we are not mindful of our eating habits, we can never make an ab. Eating too much of baked stuff, oily food, taking less protein then nothing is going to work in your favour!!
“Abs Are Made in Kitchen; not in the Gym”
Plank- the most effective exercise for losing fat out
Balanced diet & work outs complement each other. Every new resolution of developing a healthy & fit body foremost requires controlling the food habits. If you are running too much & consuming too much sugar later; then there is no chance that your ab will develop and this is your first common ab training mistakes that you have made… Ab development requires the fat burn around the stomach region. This only makes the abs visible!
Many times, we get frustrated when our long hours of work out doesn’t produce results. So, first understand your body – what it needs, what abs exercises affect the body structure…Nurture your body; do not punish it by starving, or pinching the bulky fat protruding out.
You Might Also Like: Protein Shakes: Healthy or Not? 5 Things To Know Before Having One
Common Ab Training Mistakes that you Must Avoid
- Not having anything post-workout– Post work out, the body is depleted of glucose. This calls for consumption of foods rich in high glycemic index – fruit juices, halwa, bread.
- No Control over Fatty Foods- Working out doesn’t give you a total approval of consuming fatty foods at any point. The cravings need to be controlled & it is recommended to consume calorific foods once a week.
- Diet Poor in Fibres- A fibre rich foods boost the metabolism & improve the functionality of the digestive system. Fruits (eat with the skin), vegetables are rich in fibre. Oats are an excellent source of soluble fibres. If you are not consuming enough fibre, then this is the most underrated common ab training mistakes that you are making.
- Irregular Working Out Patterns- Working out when you feel like will not give fruitful results. It is recommended to work out 150 minutes a week; and if you are looking to lose some weight, then workout for 210 minutes for better results.
- Stop Being too rigid about the weighing scale– The weighing balance shows a number and it is dependent on bone density, water retention capacity. Every body is different & needs a different nourishment style, so understand and learn about your body. Pushing it too hard is another ab training mistakes which must be stopped.
- Late Night Dinners- People usually think the best way to lose weight is to skip meals. This only ends up in consuming too much of food in the evening. Hold on!! This is making things worse; have your dinner not late than 2 hours post-sunset. The body is winding up its digestion work & preparing for hormone repair & rejuvenation. Filling yourself with too much food is a NO-NO
- No desserts/calorific food post 4 pm- Period.
- No enough Proteins-If you are seriously working out & want to get faster & better results, supplement your body with proteins, it allows muscles to grow. There are plenty of pulses, dairy product, eggs available to rely on!