Green tea- Green tea- Green tea…With so much of hype about weight loss and zero figure, there is a lot said about this tea everywhere for rapid weight loss, bundle supply of antioxidants & good acne-free skin! This blog post will definitely make you sip a cup of green tea tonight, after going through its multiple benefits. For me, it is the most healthiest beverage to sip on everyday. With summer coming around, this light oxidized tea will keep you cool through the sunny days, help you with some rapid weight loss & make you smarter, yes you read that right!
Cool yourself this summer with Green Tea:
Green tea is a light oxidized tea; known to be very refreshing. It is usually drank without milk, hence it keeps your stomach light. Squeeze a lemon & add some ice to this magic potion after coming back home from hot sun. Chinese medicine has always listed green tea as one of the body cooling beverages. Lets try out this beverage in the coming summer!
Loaded with Antioxidants
Antioxidants scavenges the free radicals in the body & helps in skin repair. EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate), a catechin is abundantly found in green tea which gives green tea many medicinal properties like:
- Protecting against skin damage.
- Fight against ageing.
- It can possibly reduce the risk of cancer. Chemotherapy patients must take their respective advice from the doctors.
Never add milk to green tea:It reduces the antioxidant content in the tea.
It can make you smarter
Green tea can make you smarter as it improves the functioning of the brain. The stimulant in Green tea is Caffeine. It helps in:
- Keeping awake for longer time.
- Improves mood & memory power.
- Increases the activity of GABA, which is known to reduce anxiety levels in the body.
- Since, coffee also contains caffeine, but it has been tested that Green Tea gives you more energy & makes a person more productive than coffee.
It can reduce the risk of the two of the most happening neuro-degenerative diseases called Alzheimer & Parkinson.
I have read so much on weight loss & metabolism, and have never come across a single post/book/article which do not mention green tea under the weight loss foods. Green tea increases the rate of metabolism and also the rate of fat oxidation. A study conducted by The Journal Of Clinical Nutrition showed that men who consumed green tea before hitting a gym showed higher fat oxidation than those who didn’t consume any green tea.
How many cups a day?
Over consuming a health magic potion can make it poison! Consuming 2-3 cups a day is very effective.
- Never ever have green tea on an empty stomach; it can adversely affect your liver.
- Green tea contains caffeine, it can keep you awake for longer time, hence avoid having it immediately before going to bed.
- Have it before your exercise. It has been proved that it increases the rate of fat oxidation.
- Have it between your meals, in the evening.
- Add a dash of cinnamon to the cup of green tea. Cinnamon in green tea improves the rate of absorption of antioxidants in the body.
- Pregnant women & Anemics should consume lesser amount of green tea, as it hampers iron absorption. This is because the tea contains Catechins. Restriction to 1 cup a day!
- Do have a cup of tea after your supper. It is very very effective than any other time of the day.
- Always purchase a higher quality branded green tea.
- People suffering from insomnia should avoid green tea before bedtime as it will keep them awake for longer time.
- Cancer suffering patients undergoing Chemotherapy should consult their doctor before sipping a cup of this tea!
For me, this post has been very special. Why? My husband started having it 🙂