Chia seeds are the new superfoods & I’m totally in love with the Chia seeds added water, the natural energy drink when I read a story how Aztec warriors could survive for 24 hours on just one spoon of Chia Seeds. Plant-based Chia Seeds are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids (commonly & abundantly found in fishes), which is extremely helpful in losing pounds.
I infuse my water with chia seeds & keep drinking it all day along! Raw seeds do not provide nutrients as much as the soaked seeds. Chia seeds can absorb water 10x its weight, hence it will keep us hydrated too!
Seven Wonders Of Chia Seeds:
- Excellent source of Fibres: 2 tsp of fibre can provide 10gms of fibre which 50% of the Recommended Dietary Allowance. Isn’t it amazing to switch from fibre rich biscuits to chia seeds? Also, a study proves that daily intake of 10gms of fibre reduces the risk of heart diseases & type 2 diabetes.
- Boosts Energy: If youget tired very quickly while working out, then start consuming Chia Seeds right away. They boost energy & metabolism similar to a sports drink. The best part of chia seeds serving as an energy booster is less sugar or zero sugar consumption. Chia seeds are rich in leptin which improves your stamina & endurance.
- Weight Loss: Being rich in fibres, chia seeds get you away from unnecessary calorific snacking. Chia seeds are rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids & alpha-linoleic fatty acids, which also contribute to weight loss. You may not lose pounds & pounds of weight but definitely, it reduces the visceral adipose tissue that causes the belly fat to increase.
- Build Muscle: Chia seeds are rich in proteins, providing almost 4gms of protein per ounce of serving. It is a superfood to all the vegans, who are always looking for foodstuff which will serve them with protein.So, if you are trying to develop lean muscles, lose out fat & balance your sugar level, then go ahead & infuse your water with Chia Seeds.
- Rich in Zinc: Lately, tablets like zincovit are gaining popularity amongst women aged above 40. These tiny seeds are rich in zinc, it will improve the woman’s health, increase the hormone leptin & keep the bad breath germs away!
- Digestive Health: After consumption of soaked chia seeds, they form a gelatin-like substance in the body, which improves the health of the bacterias present in the gut. Take it if you are suffering from any gastrointestinal issues: Acidity, Constipation, Diarrhoea.
- Improve Heart Health: Chia seeds are rich in essential fatty acids (omega-3 & Alpha-linolenic), which are associated with reduced LDL or Bad Cholesterol, decreased thrombosis, improved heart health & may also lower your blood pressure.
- We can keep refilling the bottle with water, you do not have to discard the chia seeds. The chia seeds start absorbing water as soon as you have filled them with water.
- Additionally, we can add chia seeds to curd, yoghurt, salad. However, the soaked chia seeds provide more nutrients than raw seeds.Adding chia seeds to lemon water can give good weight loss results.
- Do not eat more than 10-15gms of chia seeds as the high fibre content can make your stomach upset.
- If you are eating more than 2 tsp of raw chia seeds, then consume plenty of water.
GO AHEAD & GET YOUR NATURAL ENERGY DRINK!!