Happy Women’s Day to all the ladies out there! 🙂
Humans came into existence many many years ago and woman has always been the backbone of every family, giving birth and raising children. Yet, her health has always been ignored. She has always forgotten her health, sorrows, sacrificing a lot for the betterment of her family. Time and now, every girl has been taught to do so. But, with changing environment, increasing pollution, and so much of stress in work place and personal life, woman’s health cannot be neglected. As a woman, one must become serious about her health, her well being, and overall herself.
According to Hindu Mythology, woman is negative & a man is positive. Being negative, she is more emotional than a man. Her physiological conditions affect her mental and physical well being throughout her life which is missing in men:
- Menstrual cycle
These physiological conditions apart from being painful brings along with:
1.Premenstrual Syndrome: Uncontrollable irritation & anger, stomach pain/back aches.
2. Pregnancy: Anemia, Affects mental health, with major changes happening in body shape & health. Lactation & post pregnancy causes Postpartum depression.
3. Menopause: With old age and menopause comes arthritis, uncontrollable irritation, thyroid.
These conditions have been neglected since generations. Woman ignore their diet which makes her more sick! A nutritious and balanced diet will keep mind stable, alleviating mood swings, PMS syndrome, cures anemia. Although she takes very good care of her husband, her parents, and children, she herself forgets to assimilate the same.
Ignorance is evil cause of diseases.
A lot of women complain about the same issues:
- Morning sickness; cranky moods.
- Migraines or other type of headaches.
Yet, the best and good way to solve them is to follow a healthy diet, when body assimilates the right nutrients. Even a small dose of deficiency can mess up our bodily functions!
My top 10 unbeatable advice for all the women:
This woman’s day, lets talk about top 10 solutions, focus on health and improve our wellbeing.
- Have soaked almonds/any fruit, preferably banana first thing on empty stomach.
- Have breakfast within 90 minutes after this short meal mentioned in point no.1
- Drink 2 glasses of milk to get the dose of Calcium & Vitamin D right.
- Have a glass of buttermilk/a bowl of curd (tossed with jeera powder)/yogurt post lunch daily. Dairy products are rich in lactose, vitamins which keeps the body cool, maintains the good health of bacteria in the gut.
- Adopt eating daal-chawal in the night, it will improve your memory power, supply your adequate amount of proteins and keep the mind calm.
- Keep a gap of 2 hours before going to bed.
- Switch off your gadgets 30 minutes before hitting the bed and feel relaxed. This is a good stress buster.
- With summer coming, increase the frequency of consuming coconut water and nimbu sherbet.
- Do strength training twice a week without fail.
- Make sure to work out for 150 hours every week.
And yes, last but not least, PRAISE YOURSELF, EMBRACE YOURSELF-COZ YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB!
Green tea- Green tea- Green tea…With so much of hype about weight loss and zero figure, there is a lot said about this tea everywhere for rapid weight loss, bundle supply of antioxidants & good acne-free skin! This blog post will definitely make you sip a cup of green tea tonight, after going through its multiple benefits. For me, it is the most healthiest beverage to sip on everyday. With summer coming around, this light oxidized tea will keep you cool through the sunny days, help you with some rapid weight loss & make you smarter, yes you read that right!
Cool yourself this summer with Green Tea:
Green tea is a light oxidized tea; known to be very refreshing. It is usually drank without milk, hence it keeps your stomach light. Squeeze a lemon & add some ice to this magic potion after coming back home from hot sun. Chinese medicine has always listed green tea as one of the body cooling beverages. Lets try out this beverage in the coming summer!
Loaded with Antioxidants
Antioxidants scavenges the free radicals in the body & helps in skin repair. EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate), a catechin is abundantly found in green tea which gives green tea many medicinal properties like:
- Protecting against skin damage.
- Fight against ageing.
- It can possibly reduce the risk of cancer. Chemotherapy patients must take their respective advice from the doctors.
Never add milk to green tea:It reduces the antioxidant content in the tea.
It can make you smarter
Green tea can make you smarter as it improves the functioning of the brain. The stimulant in Green tea is Caffeine. It helps in:
- Keeping awake for longer time.
- Improves mood & memory power.
- Increases the activity of GABA, which is known to reduce anxiety levels in the body.
- Since, coffee also contains caffeine, but it has been tested that Green Tea gives you more energy & makes a person more productive than coffee.
It can reduce the risk of the two of the most happening neuro-degenerative diseases called Alzheimer & Parkinson.
I have read so much on weight loss & metabolism, and have never come across a single post/book/article which do not mention green tea under the weight loss foods. Green tea increases the rate of metabolism and also the rate of fat oxidation. A study conducted by The Journal Of Clinical Nutrition showed that men who consumed green tea before hitting a gym showed higher fat oxidation than those who didn’t consume any green tea.
How many cups a day?
Over consuming a health magic potion can make it poison! Consuming 2-3 cups a day is very effective.
- Never ever have green tea on an empty stomach; it can adversely affect your liver.
- Green tea contains caffeine, it can keep you awake for longer time, hence avoid having it immediately before going to bed.
- Have it before your exercise. It has been proved that it increases the rate of fat oxidation.
- Have it between your meals, in the evening.
- Add a dash of cinnamon to the cup of green tea. Cinnamon in green tea improves the rate of absorption of antioxidants in the body.
- Pregnant women & Anemics should consume lesser amount of green tea, as it hampers iron absorption. This is because the tea contains Catechins. Restriction to 1 cup a day!
- Do have a cup of tea after your supper. It is very very effective than any other time of the day.
- Always purchase a higher quality branded green tea.
- People suffering from insomnia should avoid green tea before bedtime as it will keep them awake for longer time.
- Cancer suffering patients undergoing Chemotherapy should consult their doctor before sipping a cup of this tea!
For me, this post has been very special. Why? My husband started having it 🙂
Humble Daal-Chawal?? Does it sound personified or funny? Well, I call it humble because it is the most nutritious yet the ignored meal of the day & this post is dedicated to my husband- Mr. Sanket Garg who hated having Daal-Chawal (Rice & Lentil) & after realizing the humility of Daal-Chawal now eats it whenever served. Many of us do not realize the importance of Daal-Chawal & find good reasons to avoid it. The best one being- I do not like it. This post is for all those mothers who want to prepare daal chawal & children of the loving mothers who try to avoid it.
Rice is rich in starch & many people believe that it makes us obese, but it is not the case. It is the richest
source of protein amongst all the grains. It contains 8 essential amino acids out of 10 (Amino acids are the building blocks of Proteins) which are not produced in the body, hence it is important that you consume these amino acids which cannot be synthesized by the body. Rice is rich in Methonine, an essential amino acid & lack Lysine. It is rich in Thiamine, Niacin & Iron.
Daal, being a pulse is rich in proteins & has abundance of Lysine, while it is deficient in Methonine. Daal is also rich in minerals, notably iron & zinc. It is also rich in vitamins like Thiamine, folic acid.
Hence, both Rice & Dal compensate for each others deficiency, providing all the essential amino acids required by the human body.
The role of micro nutrient is unique in our body. It is required in very little quantity & makes our body work smoothly. Deficiency of vitamins or minerals can really be painful to our body. The absorption of the micro nutrients can be increased/decreased by complementing it with the right partner (Vitamin D increases the absorption of Calcium)
Never drink tea after consuming foods that are rich in Iron. Tea reduces the availability of iron in human body. Consume citrus fruits/orange juices to increase the assimilation of iron in the body.
Always make sure that you don’t throw the water used for soaking rice & daal, as it contains vitamin B. Vitamin B is water soluble, hence it is lost easily while washing & soaking. So, always use that soaking water while preparing your food instead of discarding it.
THE MAGIC ABOUT DAAL-CHAWAL & GHEE
- It is now clearly understood that Daal Chawal gives us the complete amino acid profile, which makes it a protein rich meal.
- When you have Daal Chawal in the night for your dinner:
(1) it will improve your memory,
(2) keep you mentally calm as rice is rich in carbs. Carbs keep mind calm.
(3) eating it with some ghee will provide you with short chain fatty acid (good fat) and helps in assimilating Vitamin D.
- The critical importance of daal-chawal has always been understood by our ancestors & that is why Khichdi (made from Daal-Chawal) is served when one suffers from fever, being a light meal, it provides all the essential nutrients required by the body.
So keep calm & have daal chawal which will keep you more calm !
Protein shakes, a word earlier feared by the regular audience earlier is now gaining immense popularity among the masses to gain muscle or to loose body weight. Hectic lives & poor diet is responsible for weak and obese bodies. Protein shakes provide us with adequate quantity of protein needed for muscle development. They are low in carbs & can be digested & assimilated by the body within 30 minutes, which is why they are really effective.
A low carb, protein rich shakes should be consumed post workout to utilize the nutrients in the shake to the fullest. A protein shake can be a small meal in itself or a meal replacer, depending on the serving size. Some protein shakes taste yum, while some yuck! Modify the taste by adding oatmeal/yogurt/milk whichever suits your taste bud, if you need to! Try & experiment with such flavor enhancers to get the right flavor that suits your taste bud.
My Choice of Protein Shake
With thousands of option available on the shelf, always prefer Whey protein extract over soya/caesin for enhancing your physique. Whey, is a protein found in milk which has a higher Biological Value (BV) i.e. the amount of Nitrogen replaceable by 100 gms of protein. In simpler terms, it is easy to digest & absorb by the body, hence muscle development is quicker & better.
If you are looking for muscle development or bulkiness go for Isopure Zero Carb Protein Powder & if you are aiming at weight loss, then nothing better than Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Isolate.
Always remember to have your protein shake pre workout, if you aim at building your biceps & post workout if you want some weight loss, recommended for women!
What needs to be taken care of?
Taking a protein shake for a few weeks can build your physique but it produces heat in the body, which can cause concerning issues like:
- Red heads on the body, particularly on the waist line.
- Increase in body hair growth.
- Sleepiness and dullness for a few days in the beginning.
The best way to make up for the loss is to drink lots of water and liquids like coconut water, butter milk. Water doesn’t allow the heat to build up which is generated on protein breakdown. Minor issues can be ignored if you take care of yourself.
Protein Shakes & Workouts:
You shouldn’t question when it comes to workout. It is mandatory to workout for 150 minutes every week to keep yourself fit & 180 minutes if you are trying to shed those fat inches. Protein shakes will complement your workout regime, hence giving you quicker results…
Your body is 80% what you eat and 20% what physical activity you do!
Have your protein shake or a protein rich diet even if you are not working out. For every pound you weigh, we need 1gm of protein. Indulging in a protein rich diet is a boon & not bane!
Trust Us & buy them here:
Get this one ladies; if you want some weight loss:
For men aiming at building muscle
Are you one of those who take poor protein diet and rarely workout? We recommend this for you: